Helping the community has always been an excellent way for young people to learn from positive mentors about leadership, along with other valuable life skills.
But, this generation of teens already is passionate about improving their community – to the tune of 2.4 billion hours annually. They rank volunteering, the environment and eating healthy as their top 3 favorite activities.
Here are some positive results of teens volunteering and how to get them involved:
How Teens Benefit
– learn how to be helpful and kind
– understand people who differ from them
– develop leadership skills
– connect with their community
– do well in school, graduate and vote